scroll down for more
First played for in 1923 - The oldest trophy in the club which was presented to the Leeds Municipal Golf Club at the opening of the Lord Irwin Course on 20th July 1923 by Messrs Schweppes Ltd.
The Captains Prize
First played for in 1923 - The first captains prize was presented by the first captain of the Leeds Municipal Golf Club Mr J.J. Percy Kent.
The first competition was a 36 hole medal competiton, first round played at Temple Newsam GC on 20th October 1923 the second round was played at Roundhay GC on 27th October 1923.
Yorkshire Post Trophy
First played for in 1924 - The Yorkshire Post Trophy was presented to the club by the Yorkshire Post in August 1924 and was valued at £25
First played for in 1924 - Mr & Mrs Leigh presented the club a trophy to be used for a Mixed Foursomes Competition.
First played for in 1925 - In 1926 the annual medal was competed for in very dense fog and the only card returned was that of Mr P.H. Gresham who returned 74 nett, and it was pointed out that no official notice had been given as to unfitness for play, as Mr.Gresham had completed the round and returned the card duly signed by a member of the club, he must be declared the winner.
First played for in 1926 - a Mr. W. Humphreys presented the club with a trophy to be used for a competition by the mid-week golfers. It was also reported that there would be a Three Guineas Prize accompanying the winner of the Trophy.
First played for in 1930 - The Baker Shield was presented to the club by Mr. A.G. Baker who was the first chairman of the Leeds Municipal Golfers Club and also the Yorkshire Post Golf Correspondent in 1920's. He was a driving force in establishing Municipal Golf in Leeds.
First played for in 1930 - Started off as a singles competition but was not played for during World War II, when the competition resumed in 1945 it became a pairs competition.
Competition Winners for the above competitions can be found below:
Please select one of the competitions from above to see a full list of winners.